I love using digital stamps, but sometimes it can seem as if you’re hindered in the supplies you can use as well as techniques. It can be hard to think of a way to use certain supplies with your digis, but with a little brain storming there is normally a way to make it work. I’ve always stayed away from vellum while using my digital stamps, but today I want to share with you a way I made it work for a fun Halloween card using the “Bootastic” digital stamp from Craftin’ Desert Divas. You can watch the video below to see exactly how I did it!
Watch the video above to see exactly how I created my panel in Photoshop Elements using the “Bootastic” digital stamp from Craftin’ Desert Divas. When I was happy with my panel I printed twice, once on regular white cardstock and once on computer paper. Before I printed a third time I used my paint tool in Photoshop Elements to fill in ghost’s mouth. I did this in order to have somewhere to place adhesive on the vellum. Make sure you think about your adhesive as you work with your vellum, since it does show through. I trimmed my white cardstock panel to size using the printed crop marks and cut out all the images from the computer paper using my fine detail scissors to use as masks. Finally, I cut out the ghost printed on vellum, leaving an 1/8″ border around the image.
For coloring I used my alcohol markers first to color in the headstone. I also used my markers on the backside of the vellum ghost to put some pink in his cheeks and color his eyes and mouth in a little darker with black. On the front of the ghost I used my white gel pen to add some highlights.After masking off the images I used black soot and mowed lawn distress inks to add in some color to the background. I made sure to use a very light touch so and keep the background nice and subtle. When I was happy with the blending I removed my masks, that I had applied with rubber cement, and then removed any leftover residue that was left behind on the images.
To put my card together I simply applied fun foam with double sided adhesive to the back of the colored panel and popped it up on an A2 white top folding card base. Then, using a very small pop dot behind the mouth of the ghost I adhered the vellum ghost over the ghost on the panel. I took a few final steps to really make sure my card was looking it’s best. I applied a layer of Wink of Stella over the vellum ghost, which actually allowed the ghost to have more movement. And finally I took a Micron pen in size .03 and went over my sentiment. This darkened up the lines and allowed them to really pop.
This was a fun and challenging card to make. I love finding new ways to use products with all types of stamping, whether it be traditional or digital. Vellum is always a little tricky to use no matter what type of stamping you’re doing, but I absolutely love the look of it, so I was so happy to find a way to incorporate vellum into my digital stamping.
If you are interested in any of the supplies I used, they are all linked below for your convenience! Thank you so much for stopping by today! Happy Crafting!!