Have you ever had a card design in your head and you’ve stamped out the entire card AND colored it in and just didn’t like the look. I’ve had that happen quite a few times and before I was on design teams and didn’t have deadlines, I would’ve set the card aside or tossed it and restarted from scratch. There are many reasons I love being on DT’s and this is one of them. Having deadlines has really made me look at creative and more time saving ways to fix these problems and that is what I did on this card today! There are quite a few more reasons to try and fix a card rather than trash it besides time, you also save supplies and money in the long run! So be sure and watch the video tutorial below and hopefully I can give you a few ideas on fixing your cards, rather than trashing them!
I started this card by stamping the flower bouquet from the Fresh Bouquet stamp set in both the top left and bottom right corner of a white card stock panel with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. After masking off both stamped images, I used three different dye ink and the Polka Dots stamp set to create a dot pattern around the edges of both stamped images. After removing the masks, I pulled out my alchol markers and colored in the stamped images.
So that was my original card design and I stood back and looked at the card, I just wasn’t feeling it. I love the design and probably will go back and make another card very similar, but I wasn’t happy with the color choices and something was just off, so I pulled out my scissors. I fussy cut out both stamped images in the corners and because I had stamped around them, I cut flush with the stamped lines and used a brown alcohol marker to run over all the cut lines to cover up my oopsies!
On an A2 top folding white card base, I used my mini ink blending tool and Antique Linen Distress Ink to create an aged look in both the top left and bottom right corners. Next, I took both fussy cut images and popped them up in those corners with fun foam and double sided adhesive. I used the “Especially for You” sentiment from the Summer Bouquet stamp and stamped that in the same brown Memento ink in between the stamped images. Finally, for a bit of shine I added a few drops of liquid pearls around the sentiment.
I really like to share these mistake videos, because we all have cards that just don’t come out the way we envisioned or maybe we took the wrong step with an ink choice, die cut, etc. So, I like to share how I work around those mistakes and poor choices to create something that I’m happy to share! Now are there times when I have a card that is just completely beyond repair, absolutely, but the majority of the time I can come up with a fix to save myself time and money.
If you are interested in any of the supplies I used on my card today, you will find them all linked below! (Even the supplies I used before I cut my card apart LOL!!) (Affiliate Links Used). Thank you so much for stopping by today!! Happy Crafting Everyone!!