Shaker cards are some of my very favorite cards to give! They are the first to leave my stash and my kids ALWAYS choose those first to give to their friends. So creating fun new ways to make shaker cards is always something I’m trying to do. Today, I want to share with you a few sectioned shaker cards. Be sure to watch the video tutorial below for all the details!!
These cards are a bit more labor intensive to put together, but they are well worth the effort! And it’s a great way to use up any little bits of leftover sequins you may have on hand! For my cards today, I used the 28 Lilac Lane Sequin & Bead mixes in different colors. I LOVE these little sets!
For my first card I used a die cut to create the sectioned of my shaker. This is super easy to do! All I did was die cut the die several times from cardstock and layered them on top of each other. This creates a thick die cut that will hold all your shaker bits in place! I used three different mixes from the 28 Lilac Lane Sequin & Bed mix line – Pretty Pink, Aqua Dreams, and So Shiney.
On my third card, again I used dies as my openings, but only foam tape to create my shaker sections. I also used the same sequins on each section, so you may be asking why I even used sections. On cards like this when you aren’t “shaking” it the sequins all fall to the bottom where there is so much white space you won’t even be able to see them. Creating sections is a great way to see more of the sequins at all times and make the most of your shaker cards! I used the So Shiney mix, again, for this card!
These cards were so much fun to put together. And though they take just a bit more time, I think they are well worth it! If you are interested in any of the supplies I used today, you can find them all linked down below. Until next time, happy crafting everyone!!
- *28 Lilac Lane Sequin & Bead Mix Aqua Dream
- *28 Lilac Lane Sequin & Bead Mix Pretty Pink
- *28 Lilac Lane Sequin & Bead Mix So Shiny
- The Stamp Market Botanical Beauty Die
- *Kat Scrappiness Wood Grain Frame Die
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Scrapbook.com Adhesive 1/8″
- Foam Tape
- The Stamp Market Succulent Stamp Set
- *Staz On Pigment Ink Piano Black
- *Concord & 9th Feathered Die Set
- *The Crafter’s Workshop Plaid Fringe Stencil
- *Jumbo Ink Dauber
- *Versafine Clair Purple Delight Ink
- *Versafine Clair Cheerful Ink
- *Versafine Clair Verdant Ink
- *Concord & 9th Feathered Stamp Set
Disclaimer: Items marked with (*) were sent to me for free for design purposes. Affiliate links are used in this supply list and post. Full disclosure can be found HERE.